Real Techniques Core Set Review

Currently these are the only Real Techniques brushes I own and I want to share my opinion on them. *I am not in anyway a makeup artist or a...

Currently these are the only Real Techniques brushes I own and I want to share my opinion on them.
*I am not in anyway a makeup artist or anything like that and these are just my opinions and what I use these brushes for*
This is the 'Core Collection' in the collection there are four brushes, in my opinion are four great brushes to be put together and named perfectly because they are essential and 'core' makeup brushes.
In the set you get one

Left to right: Contour brush, Buffing Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detailer Brush

Detailer brush: I use this brush for when I get a blemish and I have to cover up using my colour correction plate, this brush is good to make sure I can cover all my redness or darkness under the eye. I don't use this brush to bend in, personally I don't think it is good for this it is good for placing the product on the your face but not to blend.


Pointed foundation brush: This brush is meant to be used for applying liquid foundation and concealer, but I don't really like the look these style of brushes give. I could honestly do without this brush, it isn't a necessity for me but in saying this I do still find ways to use this brush. I will use this brush to apply highlight to my cheekbones but being careful not have it look messy and really define it.


Buffing brush: In the description this brush is said to be best used for applying mineral foundation and powders but again I don't used this for what its supposed to be used for. This brush is my absolute go to liquid foundation brush, it gives a wonderfully blended and buffed out look with your foundation. If you where to only buy one brush for the set I would recommend this one.
  

Contour brush: This brush is great for a soft contour or highlight. I mainly use this brush more for contour rather than highlight but it does a great job at both. This is my second favourite brush in the set.


- Mel Rose



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images